Παρασκευή 8 Ιουλίου 2011

Roy Buchanan's - 53' Nancy Tele

Nancy's bridge pickup never would give up its OHM reading - not even for Roy or Danny Gattons Tech..etc..
the ohm meter always stayed blank when trying to read that pickup!... and yet it was LOUD and working - just like it is currently today,
and so whatever else was going on inside the coil was also responsible for that high treble and unusual AM Transistor Radio type tone,, it also enhanced the harmonics! & made the Tone knob act way different then while your on the neck pickup.. it makes the tone knob way easier to do swells - as if the sweep is drastically changed while in Bridge Position.

However.. all this Buchanan Tone-Chasin' really depends on if your after Roy's style?, or Nancy's tone? = HUGE difference! IMHO..

I'm about ready to blow the bubble off of Nancy's Bridge Tone secret... but I really have not decided to _release it publicly?_ or keep it under my hat and for my new customers..??

Mainly because It's taken me 8 years of really CARING and always testing and trying to get "Nancy's tones, and to get them "Right on the mark..
all these years of R&D I've endured here - when no one else in the manufacturing world seemed to really care at all if they got it _Dead Right_ or not..
I did all this R&D over these years - because I've always felt Nancy was the best sounding Tele ever used on recordings! and its only fair that its made available to us players who really-really know and understand the truth and want that sound.. and not just a close proximity..etc..
With a little practice most guys can cover Roy's style.. BUT NO ONE HAS EVER NAILED "Nancy' Tone"... or offered a 100% real version of it, I know I've been thru _Running Changes_ and was always a step closer then whats out there.. but that was NEVER good enough for me.. but for that time being Closer was much better then being further away - and that worked well for for me and my 2324 pickup product customers... ( Closer was cool )
but DEAD on was the quest!..

As for R&D with me, its not half way or 50%... that was never ever good enough with me.. its got to be 100% or I do not stop R&D... or stop making _Running Changes_ to my 2324- aka "The Real Nancy" product here.

Well... GREAT NEWS.. its actually ( out of the blue) gone and hit 100% - just a few weeks back and a few customers got the recent _Running Changes_ added into their Nancy orders here..

keep in mind - Nancy's bridge pickup NEVER EVER ( while Roy owned it) gave a Ohm Reading...there's always been something _screwball_ going on inside that pickup... its the pickup causing the _Unusual sound_ takes _no genius_ to figure that out, once you plug her in and listen _ U get it_
so did a big crowd at the Vintage show in 2004 when I first Plugged and Played Nancy.. they knew _nothing_ they did not know who Roy was, They did not know anything about Roy's Nancy_ etc... and all day long they all blew past me while I played numerous other 50's Tele's that day at the show.. same licks same chops all day.. yet when I played Nancy they gathered around and would not leave ( even came from the back of the room)
and I was playing WORSE then I had all day = why?... well to tell ya the truth... I was scared/shocked,,, etc.. all that stuff... just to even be holding Nancy was ghostly - let alone playing her thru a little white tolex 12" speaker Gibson vintage amp amp.. with a huge crowd starting to form around me, as I was positioned behind a table and setting in a chair ..

She was like holding a real ghost in my lap.. I was totally freak-in!
I was feelin' her vibe too.. shes almost human like.. ( like a golden voiced angel that was being let out of her Glass Jail for the first time in 10 years - her and Roy were a Team - I do not care what anyone says she really did HELP Roy too better ease into all that outer-space style he pulled off and he dang well knew it too.. he knew she helped him and he knew people liked to hear that guitar.. she lends you that direction,and it happens that fast.. shes that different and awe-inspiring,,etc.. and that's really a true fact) (maybe unknown? but very true!)
... gosh...that whole day was very dreamy to me.. it still is when I recall the turn of events that lead me there --and what all transpired and ultimately lead to the Owner of Nancy getting her out of that - Glass Case - and letting me actually have a go on her!...

I mean lets face - it in a POLL ( even today) she always gets top billing as the best sounding Tele ever made, and were talking on the very same planet we all live on..

Nancy also has a .1 cap in series full time at the switch connecting the two pickups thru it no matter where its switched.. ( Nancy has no two pups On option on the switch - its just neck-neck-bridge)

And after you hear her, please then try to convince yourself that she was stock or normal.. or miraculously Roy's Fingers were all that was responsible to get her sounds... cause that's my fingers on that tape..
he~he!

PS.. amps do matter regardless that Roy used Twins, Deluxe's or on occasion a 70's Pevey Classic 2x12"... best to use a Vibrolux which was always his main amp of choice with Nancy in tow...

Treble 8 or 9
Bright Switch OFF
Bass at 4 to 6
Reverb 2 to 3
Volume 6 to 10

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου